For all of you curly-haired ladies out there scrambling for a last minute look for your holiday party this weekend, we come bearing good news. In this week's tutorial, we have India Batson back showing you 3 Easy Holiday Hairstyles for Curly Hair.
Enjoy the tutorial above, or keep scrolling down for a step-by-step guide on how to achieve each beautiful hairstyle.
Look #1: Parted Side Braid
1. Optional: Clip-in Luxy Hair extensions for more volume and length to your hair. India wears our 220g Ash Blonde Classic extensions and curls her set to match her hair's naturally curly texture. For a refresher on how to clip in Luxies, feel free to watch this video.
2. Part your hair to the side, and ensure the parting is deep and dramatic in order to get the full effect of the look.
3. Create a braid on the side of your head where the part is - you're welcome to do the braid of your preference. In this video, India opts for a 2-strand braid however, a french braid, dutch braid, or fishtail braid are all great options.
To create a 2-strand braid, all you have to do is grab a section of hair at the roots, and part it into two separate strands. Then, twist the two pieces tightly over each other. Once twisted, grab a small section of hair from beside the braid and add it into the twist. Repeat these steps all the way down the strands and secure the braid with a hair elastic.
4. Wrap your braid along the back of your head and bobby pin it into place to finalize the look.
Look #2: Half Up-Do Ponytail
1. Place your thumbs directly above the tops of your ears, and part your hair evenly towards the middle-back of your head to create your half up-do.
2. Secure the hair with a hair elastic and pull the elastic tight to achieve more volume in the ponytail.
3. Accessorize the look with festive clips or bands - whatever you like! In this tutorial, India uses a leather band and wraps it around the base of her ponytail.
4. To create more volume in your ponytail, secure a clip to the base of your ponytail in the back so that it remains hidden.
5. Optional: Clip-in hair extensions for additional volume.
Look #3: Half Up-Do Bun
1. Section off some face-framing pieces, as this is a big part of the look.
2. Take a section of hair from the back-crown of your head and create a loose and messy bun. Secure with a few bobby pins.
3. Customize the look by either adding an accessory or creating a braid to wrap about the base of your bun. In this tutorial, India adds a subtle yet beautiful accessory.
Which hairstyle was your favorite: 1, 2, or 3? Let us know in the comments below!