Are you having trouble finding that perfect travel hairstyle? Or are you looking for a day-to-night look that will make you look effortlessly chic for those summer travel getaways? Well look no further, today on Luxy Hair Blog, we have one of our favorite Youtubers, Sarah Nourse, who will share to you her favourite travel hairstyle from her trip to Santorini.
Now that school has finished and summer has officially started, we should all celebrate by going on a little getaway! Perhaps a trip to the beautiful Mediterranean Island of Santorini? A supermodel of the Greek islands, Santorini is a head-turner that is renowned. Branded by its blue top churches, drifts of whitewashed buildings, and romantic sunsets.
Still not convinced? Sarah will show you the ultimate day-to-night hairstyle that will get you that picture perfect moment. This hairstyle is definitely a showstopper. Can’t wait much longer? Watch the video below or read on to find out how to recreate this look yourself.
When you are travelling, you want a no-fuss hairstyle that leaves you looking effortlessly chic. Sarah has created this beautiful loop braid using her favorite Luxy Hair extension set, the 160g Bleach Blonde custom toned hair extensions. She recommends using hair extensions when creating braided hairstyles as it allows you to have longer, fuller hair.
The island of Santorini is a big C surrounding the caldera, an active volcano area. The infamous Santorini photos you see are located in Oia. However, there is much more to see on the island than just Oia. You can also visit Fira, the capital of the island. Santorini also has a number of beaches around the island including Red Beach, Vlihada Beach, Kamari, and Monolithos. The best way to travel around the island is by ATV. You can travel and see the whole island in just one day!
During the day, take a walk along the caldera edge and admire all the sights along the way. Walks around Fira are the most breathtaking, specifically heading north to Imerovigli. After a long day of walking and seeing all the panoramic views, why not take a dip in the water to freshen up. Either from your hotel’s infinity pool or the edge of a boat on a caldera cruise (ouuuu sounds bougie, right?).
From a stroll around the island to the dip in the pool, you can rock Sarah’s dreamy braided hairstyle. Here’s how to get the look:
Day Time Look
With this look, you can create it with straight or wavy hair. Sarah creates this braid with loose beachy waves using a hot tool.
- Create a small topsy tail by taking two small sections from the top of your head and secure it with a clear elastic.
- Next, take the ponytail you have just created and flip it underneath. Then clip this ponytail to the front of your head so it's out of the way.
- Now, create another small ponytail lined up directly underneath the one you have just created. Make sure the two elastic line up with one another.
- Release the top ponytail and separate it into two. Lay this right over the second ponytail, lift the second ponytail and clip it to the top of your head to get it out of the way.
- Take the section you just created and secure it with an elastic.
- Release the top once again and pull on the newly created loop to add some volume.
- Repeat step 4 to 6 once again to create a second loop in your look.
- Now that you have two loops, transition your hair into a three strand braid. To do this, take all the hair from both the ponytails, separate it into three sections, and just start braiding all the way down.
- If you like, you can clip in your Luxy Hair extensions to the bottom part of your head in order to add more volume to your look.
In the evening, make sure to catch Santorini’s romantic sunset from any waterfront seat. The best place to see the sunset is in Oia, where thousands of travellers visit to admire and applaud the sunset.
Now that you’re dressed into something more formal and evening appropriate, we are going to transition into the night time hairstyle. Here’s how to get Sarah’s beautiful nighttime look:
Night Time Look
- First, take a small section of your hair from the front of your head and cross it over your braid. Do this for both sides to create a criss cross over your braid and secure it with an elastic underneath.
- Then, add in some volume back to where it had gone a bit flat by tugging on your hair loops.
- Next, create a small delicate fishtail braid which you’re going to later pull through and stack on top of the three strand braid. Slightly pull apart your fishtail braid to add more volume and to make it a more undone look.
- Now, take the fishtail from underneath and pulling it through the loop you’ve created previously to stack it on top of your three strand braid.
- To finish the look off, add in your favourite hair accessory clip. Here, Sarah uses a moon shaped clip to complete this night time look.
There you have it, the perfect day to night hairstyle for your trip to Santorini. To check out Sarah’s previous e-trip with us to Zermatt, Amsterdam and Berlin, click here. If you want to see more of Sarah’s adventures and style tricks, check out her channel here.
What’s your favorite summer getaway destination and where are you planning to go next? Try this day to night look for your next trip! Make sure to share your recreations on Instagram with @luxyhair. We would love to see and share your gorgeous pictures!