We've all experienced the struggle of greasy hair. By day three or four, it can sometimes feel like the only option is a whole lot of dry shampoo and a messy top knot. We beg to differ...d
Today on the blog, we have two easy hairstyles that make you feel polished and put together all the while hiding those oily roots. Enjoy the video above, or scroll down to enjoy the a step-by-step breakdown of each third-day hairstyle.
Hairstyle #1 - Low Bun with Baker Boy Hat
One of the easiest ways to combat the dreaded third-day hair dilemma is with a fun accessory like a hat or head scarf. We love the combo of a low messy bun and a baker boy hat - trendy, chic, and totally grease-free.
1. Starting with third day hair, add some dry shampoo to your roots to soak up the extra oil while adding some much-needed volume and texture.
2. Next, part your hair in a middle part using your finger or comb.
3. Gather your hair into a low ponytail and twist it around itself into a low bun. You can opt for a messier look or a more sleek bun depending on your vibe. Secure the bun with an elastic ban and adjust until you're satisfied with the final positioning.
4. To finish the look, add a trendy hat. We love the recent baker boy hat trend and think it pairs perfectly with a messy bun.
5. Pull out some face-framing layers for some added visual interest.
Hairstyle #2 - Fishtail Braided Ponytail
If you're anything like us, a high ponytail is the go-to look when third-day hair rolls around. But why not take it to the next level with a fishtail braid for some added visual interest?
1. Prep your hair by spraying your favorite dry shampoo and massaging the product into the roots to ensure the oil is all absorbed. If your hair looks limp or stringy when it gets greasy, opt for some Luxy Hair extensions for added volume and length for this look.
2. Using a brush, pull your hair back into a sleek, high ponytail. Secure with an elastic in a shade that matches your hair.
3. Now for the fishtail detail. Divide your ponytail into two equal sections and create a fishtail braid by taking a small section from the outside of one section and crossing it over the the inside of the second section. Repeat this step by alternating sides until you reach the end of the ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
4. Pull apart the braid to add volume and create an effortless vibe.
So next time you let your hair get to day three or four sans-shower, try one of these easy hairstyles. Guaranteed to make you look chic and oil-free ;)