Everyone has to start somewhere, and when it comes to the world braiding, the three-strand braid is the ultimate first step. Once you've mastered this braid, you'll be set to tackle other hairstyles in our back-to-basics series - fishtail braid, here you come!
Watch the video below for an easy tutorial on the three-strand braid or scroll down for step-by-step instructions.
For a longer, thicker braid, clip-in hair extensions provide an easy, beautiful and fast solution. Here you can find six reasons to choose clip-in hair extensions. Karin normally wears our Dirty Blonde shade when she wants to add some highlights and volume to her hairstyles.
Let's get started!
HOW TO BRAID: STEP-BY-STEP
1. For the easiest version of the three-strand braid, position yourself in front of a mirror and bring all of your hair over one shoulder to the front. Brush through your hair to create a smooth and knot-free base.
2. Divide your hair into three individual strands - left, middle, and right.
3. Take the left section, cross it over the middle one. Then take the right strand, and cross it over the new middle strand. You've created the first stitch in your three-strand braid!
4. Keep crossing and alternating all the way down. Be sure to pull the braid tightly with each stitch to achieve a neat look.
5. Secure your braid with a small, clear elastic.
And there you have it, an easy three-strand braid - perfect for beginners!
Once you've mastered this hairstyle, be sure to check out other tutorials in our back-to-basics series:
Dutch Braid Tutorial
French Braid Tutorial
Waterfall Braid Tutorial
Fishtail Braid Tutorial
Let us know if you've tried this out this tutorial by commenting below! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @luxyhair with your recreations.