It’s almost Valentine’s Day, which means all things LOVE.
And what’s LOVElier than a new tutorial? (see what I did there?)
This week, our friend Alex Gaboury has created an amazing and simple updo for that big Valentine’s Day date, or any special occasion. This hair style would also be perfect for a bride, bridesmaid or wedding guest to wear on the big day.
You can watch the full tutorial here, or scroll down for step-by-step instructions!
How to: Romantic Updo Step by Step Tutorial
What you’ll need: A clear elastic band and several bobby pins
If you are using extensions: Clip your four-clip wefts together, and then your three clip wefts. This will create two sets of “super wefts” that you can add into this hairstyle to make it even more full and luscious.
1.Using a comb, start by gently teasing the hair on crown of your head to create some extra dimension and volume.
2. Grab some side pieces from around your face and leave them out (they will be used to add a beautiful twist detail after).
3. Gather all the rest of your hair and divide into three separate sections.
4. Start braiding! This braid is a standard three strand braid.
5. Secure the braid with the clear elastic band, and create a small loop at the end to help with the rolling process.
6. Grab the bottom of your braid and roll it upwards towards your head.
7. Once the braid is at the top of your head, secure the braid with bobby pins.
8. Grab a section from the outside of your braid and gently tug on it. Secure the edge of the braid to your head with a bobby pin. This gives a fuller look to the bun.
9. Repeat step 8 on the other side of the braid and at the top.
10. Twist the front pieces away from your face and tightly wrap each section around your bun. You can pin the ends on the underside of your bun with a bobby pin.
11. Go in with a curling iron and gently curl any remaining pieces around your face for an extra romantic look.
And there you have it! A beautiful updo. Let us know in the comments if you liked this tutorial and if you were able to re-create it, make sure to tag us on Instagram at #LUXYHAIR.