Is there anything more romantic than wedding season? The flowers...the flowing dresses...the love in the air...and of course, the opportunity to create divine hairstyles. This week, our lovely friend Kassinka shows us how to create three dreamy, romantic bridal hairstyles. All three hairstyles can be created right at home with minimal practice, so you can save your hard earned dollars and skip the professional hairstylist.
We recommend to prep your hair by clipping in your Luxy Hair extensions for added fullness. Click here to learn why hair extensions are the perfect wedding accessory. A quick trick to creating even more volume is to double up when clipping the wefts in. Here, Kassinka clips a 4-clip weft from her Seamless Blonde Balayage set, with a 3-clip weft over top, creating a "mega-weft." Then, curl your hair using a 1.5" barrel curling wand for loose, soft waves.
Wedding Hairstyle 1: Twisted Braid With Headpiece
This wedding hairstyle is perfect for the bohemian bride. A loose, full braid with twisted detailing and the perfect crystal headpiece makes this a romantic, dreamy hairstyle, which goes perfectly with a lace gown or barnyard wedding venue.
1. Gather a thick section of hair right above your each ear, and twist each section toward the back of your head.
2. Secure each twist with some bobby pins
3. Clip your bridal headpiece in at the center, where the two twists meet.
4. Gather all the rest of your loose hair and divide it into 3 equal sections. Then, begin to braid the hair into a romantic, loose 3-strand braid.
5. Pin back any unwanted flyaways and generously spritz your hair with hairspray to hold the style in place. It's that easy!
The Final Look
Wedding Hairstyle 2: Half Up Layered Twists
On a bit of a budget? This bridal hairstyle looks complicated, but it's as easy as they come. You can create this hairstyle right at home, and all you need is a headpiece and a bit of patience.
1. Start with your hair down in loose waves. Then, take a 1 inch section of hair from the right side of your head, cross it over to the back and pin it down, making sure to smoothen any flyaways.
2. Take a 1 inch section of hair from the left side of your head and cross it over to the right side of your hair. This time, twist the hair and pin it over top of the first section.
3. Grab another section of hair from the right side, this time much thicker than the first strand (about 3 inches thick). Begin to cross it over to the left side of your head, twisting the hair as you go. Then, use as many bobby pins needed to hold the piece in place.
4. Repeat step 3 on the left side.
5. At this point, you can either leave the hairstyle as is, or you can add a few more twists on each side - it's totally up to you!
6. Tug gently on the twists to loosen up a few strands of hair for that undone, romantic feel.
7. Attach a headpiece of your choice.
The Final Look
Wedding Hairstyle 3: Enchanting Half Up Twists
This hairstyle is part bohemian, part regal, and all over gorgeous! Leave the headpiece out to keep the style more simple, or add a crystal headpiece for added romance. The best part, this hairstyle will take you under 5 minutes to create, leaving extra time for you to spend with your bridesmaids.
1. Gather a 2 inch section of hair from the right side of your head and twist it towards the back. Do the same on the left side.
2. Now, secure these twists together with a hair elastic at the base, close to your hairline to ensure that the twists don't pull apart. Be sure to use a hair elastic that is close to your hair colour.
3. Hold the middle of your tied-together twists, and pinch at each twist, pulling it apart slightly for added fullness.
4. Once you are satisfied with your twists, take a small section loose hair and thread it through the middle of the twists to hide the elastic and secure it in place with a bobby pin.
5. Attach a romantic floral headpiece or a veil.
The Final Look
Which one is your favourite? Be sure to share your recreations on Instagram with the hashtag #luxyhairbride if you try any of these bridal hairstyles for your wedding.
Written By: Kassinka