Can I use purple shampoo on my extensions?About Hair Extensions And Suitability
Although many of our customers have used color depositing shampoos/conditioners/products with much success, we always recommend having a professional hair colorist who has had experience with extensions custom tone your Luxies using a professional toner.
Please keep in mind that purple shampoo will balance out the golden undertones from the Ash Blonde and Bleach Blonde shades and make it cooler, however, depending on your tone of blonde, this may not be the best alternative to making your extensions match better to your hair color. Since there are many different variations of cool-toned blonde shades, this is why we recommend having your set professionally toned to achieve a more seamless match.
Also, we don’t recommend purple shampooing the Dirty Blonde shade as it will most likely not create a fully cool-toned medium blonde color. Instead, it may remove some of the brassiness. If you are looking for a dramatic difference, we recommend having this shade professionally toned.
You may also be interested in:
Questions answered by specific topic.
- How do I choose the right color of Highlights extensions?
- How do I choose between clip-in and Halo extensions?
- How do I choose the right color of black extensions?
- What is the difference between Classic and Seamless hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer, and what do they look like on?
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo Volume Bundle with short hair?