What is a Volumizer Weft and how do I use it?false
Our Volumizer Weft is a one-piece 4-clip weft that is 7 inches in width. It comes in two length options: 16 or 20 inches. The 20" length weighs 45g, whereas, the 16" length weighs 40g. They are the same density, however, the 16" Volumizer Weft weighs less due to the shorter length.
This weft is made with 100% remy human hair, which is considered the finest quality of human hair for hair extensions, just like all Luxy Hair extensions.
A Volumizer Weft is perfect for you if...
- You have purchased a set that is too thin for your hair.
- You have short hair or a blunt haircut and need some extra hair and volume for a seamless and perfect blend.
- You are blessed with super thick hair and our thickest 220g set is not thick enough.
The Volumizer Weft is triple wefted, created by stacking 3 wefts on top of each other and binding the base with lace fabric. The clips are hand sewn with love, with a silicone grip underneath each clip to prevent slipping.
How do I wear a Volumizer Weft?
You can apply a Volumizer Weft just like any regular 4-clip weft. You can also 'stack it' on top of your 4-clip weft. We recommend placing the Volumizer Weft at the crown of your head at the widest part, for best results. Please see below a tutorial on how to 'stack' the Volumizer Weft.
How does it compare to other 4-clip wefts?
Here is the breakdown of the differences between our 20" Volumizer Wefts and the other 4-clip wefts in our other sets.
* The 16" 140g and the 20" 120g sets come in a set with 9 wefts without a 7" 4-clip weft (only one 8" 4-clip weft). All other sets come with 10 wefts and two 4-clip wefts (7" and 8").
Is a Volumizer Weft the same as halo extensions?
No. The Volumizer Weft is a 4-clip weft that is 7 inches in length, and is simply thicker than our Classic and Seamless individual 4-clip wefts. Halo extensions are made with a weft connected to a circular clear wire creating an invisible "halo," which is then placed on top your head.
Can I use a Volumizer Weft with my Luxy Hair extensions?
Yes. You can definitely wear a Volumizer Weft in conjunction with your full set of Luxy Hair extensions. We recommend to clip the Volumizer Weft in first, then, to layer a second 7" 4-clip weft over the weft about an inch down from the roots.
If you are looking for even more volume and thickness, you can wear multiple Volumizer Wefts. We recommend to replace the widest 4-clip weft (for 160g and 220g sets) to avoid the wefts feeling too heavy in your hair, however, it is all down to personal preference!
Will the Volumizer Weft feel heavy in my hair?
As the weft will add an extra 40 or 45g of hair to your head, you may feel some added weight. Just like your Luxy Hair extensions, however, we recommend wearing the Volumizer Weft a few times to get used to the weight.
Does the Volumizer Weft come in Seamless?
What length should I choose?
In order to determine how long Luxies will be on you, we recommend measuring either 16 inches or 20 inches down from the top of your ear with a measuring tape, as most wefts will be applied around the crown of your head. To see what these lengths look like on, click here.
Can I use a Volumizer Weft as a replacement to a full set of Luxy Hair extensions?
We do not recommend to use a Volumizer Weft as a replacement to a full set of Luxy Hair extensions. The weft is not designed to give you a full, long, luscious look on its own, as a full set would. The Volumizer Weft should be used for supplemental thickness.
Can I cut the Volumizer Weft into pieces or trim the sides?
No. If the Volumizer Weft is cut to be made shorter width-wise, or cut into multiple pieces, the sides will begin to fray and the hair will fall out. We do not recommend cutting the weft this way.
Questions answered by specific topic.
- How do I choose the right color of Highlights extensions?
- How do I choose between clip-in and Halo extensions?
- How do I choose the right color of black extensions?
- What is the difference between Classic and Seamless hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer, and what do they look like on?
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo Volume Bundle with short hair?